Making the decision to move into senior assisted living Riverwood takes time and careful consideration, and selecting the right one requires even more thought and energy. At Riverwood Senior Living, it’s our goal to make this process a smooth and stress-free one for our potential new residents by providing as much information and assistance about our community and offerings as possible on the forefront.
For that reason, we’ve put together this Riverwood Senior Living senior assisted living resources guide to address topics you’ll want to explore when checking out our community, places to go for great information, and even a glossary of terms you might be unfamiliar with that could come up during your research. We hope you find it useful, and will reach out to us with any additional questions you might have. We’re here to help, and we’d love for you to become a new resident here with us.
Making Sure Your Individual Needs Will Be Met
Every senior is different, and each of us ages differently. We all have unique needs and preferences, and that must be taken into consideration when planning for housing and care in later life. It’s important to familiarize yourself with the different types of senior housing options available so you can decipher which best suits your specific needs. It’s also important to recognize that many assisted living communities have wait lists, and may not have space available at the drop of a hat. This is one critical reason why you must plan ahead, do your research early, and make arrangements sooner rather than later.
Suggestions to Consider
When it comes to different senior housing, you’ll want to ask some basic questions about everything from amenities available to services provided, and of course the financial implications of each. Take some time to evaluate your personal needs and what things are most important to you. Work with your medical providers and family to research your options.
- Start with researching online. Check out the community, assessing offerings to see if they are a good fit for you personally.
- Follow up with a phone call and questions to get a feel for what our senior assisted living community is like.
- Factor in advice from your doctors and family members while interviewing staff and caregivers to help assess your needs and if you can get them met well here. And we are confident that you can.
- Schedule an in-person meeting with us, and take a tour to ensure you like the atmosphere.
- If the services and housing are for a relative, try to involve them in the process as much as possible, respecting their opinions and preferences.
- Trust your intuition. When something feels right, it often is.
Useful Tips for Gathering Information
- Take your time, and do your research. Don’t make a rash decision when it comes to senior housing. It’s critical to find the right fit. This will be home, afterall.
- Let your family and friends help you evaluate the community. You’ll want their support and advice for such an important decision.
- Take time to review company materials, read reviews, and even meet current residents if possible.
- Drop in for a second in-person tour.
- Ask for references.
- Ask lots of questions. The more information you can gather before you make a decision, the more informed that decision will be.
- Make sure you fully understand pricing. Work with your family to ensure your selection is within budget, and all the services you’ll need are available and affordable for you.
A Home at Riverwood Senior Living
We seek to make our senior assisted living community a home. We work to help residents build meaningful relationships and connections here, because we know that life is better together. If you have any questions for our team, please feel free to reach out. We’d love to show you around sometime soon!